pregnancy week by week

Thursday, 11 September 2008

Antibiotics

I woke up with swollen glands this morning. First thought that Rudi had somehow hit me in his sleep, but later I figured out my glands are really sore.

After chatting to my grandfather and seeing a sister I decided to go to the doctor. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics that are safe to take during pregnancy.

My grandfather seems to be doing OK after the chemo so far. He feels tired, but other than that he is OK. He says he won't be able to work for 5 months due to the side effects of the chemo. I don't know what they are going to do for money. He gets a small pension, but that won't cover their rent, bills and food. We're going to have to try and help them out as much as possible.

My Evil Mother has lost her job again. SURPRISE! "Rentrenchement" again. Funny how she gets retrenched every second job. I'm curious to know how many she's had in the past two years. We estimate around 20. According to her she's never done anything wrong. It's either they company goes down, they retrench or the boss doesn't like her or the boss is sexually harassing her. It's hard to make up a different excuse every time. I wonder if she thinks we are too stupid to notice she's repeating the same ones over.

I better go. Rudi will be picking me up any minute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't worry about unwanted things now (viz. your mom).

My best wished and prayers to you and your grandfather. May be get fit and fine very soon.

Cristine said...

How you feeling now? Any better?

acidicice said...

violetcrush - don't worry. She is the least of my worries! Thanks for the prayers!

Cristine - Eish...not much better, yet. There is hope though - I think.