pregnancy week by week

Monday, 01 September 2008

Moving

Yesterday when we woke up we had little hope for our move. There was a big storm the night before. I can't remember the last time we had gale force winds like that. There was hail and everything was so loud and the wind was so strong that I thought the windows were going to explode. Somehow through all of this nasty weather our old neighbours still managed to party until 3AM blaring their music. I won't miss them.

Luckily by about 10 'o clock the weather started clearing up for brief periods and we were able to predict when the rain would come by looking at the clouds and the speed they were moving at. We managed to get everything from our old place to the new without any damage. The floors are a bit of a mess because of the wet feet trampling in and out, but that can easily be cleaned.

I didn't manage to help too much with the move. As soon as I started to participate I would start feeling really nauseous and light headed. I can only thank God for my housekeeper. She really is amazing. She did the majority of the work, but Boogaloo and some other friends came to help us out. It's really cool when people come to help you out, things are just so much easier. We had two bakkies and about 4 people with us for most of the day.

Around lunch time we bought everyone pizza to say thank you.

I'm already feeling a bit queasy and have lots to do today. I'd like to tidy up around here a bit, perhaps vacuum and mop the floors. The owner is coming around this evening so I'd like it to look semi-decent. I have some shopping to do...mostly thread tape and stuff that Rudi needs to connect the washing machine. We have a proposal for how we'd like to fit the dishwasher into the scheme of things, but have to discuss it with the owner first. I hope she approves it! It seems like the only way we'll be able to implement it into the kitchen and I really <3 my dishwasher and wouldn't want to have to store it or sell it. The owner is really nice though so I don't think she'll have much of a problem. Fingers crossed!

I better get my butt into gear and get some work done here. Once I find the cable to download the photos I've taken from my camera I'll post them. I can't promise that it will be soon though - this place is still in shambles!

No comments: