pregnancy week by week

Thursday, 25 September 2008

Movements

I have been feeling 'flutters' if I can describe it that way for a little while. Mostly for a little bit in the evening. On Tuesday I felt it for the first time at work. Yesterday I felt it as soon as I woke up and on and off during the day.

It is rather a cool feeling. Only a feeling that the baby and I share at the moment though. I can tell Rudi that the baby is moving, but he can't feel it yet so all he can say is 'Oh'.

We had a chilled out public holiday. We didn't really do anything. We wanted to go car shopping, but by the time we got to the dealers they were already closed. We managed to do all the washing as the housekeeper doesn't work public holidays and Rudi made a potjie (a kind of stew on the fire made in a black pot) for himself. I don't like potjie. Never have. He craves for it every now and then, so he'll make it for himself and perhaps some friends.

The reason we were going car shopping was to see if it would be possible to trade my car in for a four door car, possibly something with a bigger boot. My little two door car might prove challenging once the baby has arrived. Especially if I have a Cesarean and won't be able to bend into awkward positions. We might have to go for a second hand car, which would suck because I bought my car new, because of the likely price difference. I only have 38 000km on my car at the moment which is a really good low mileage. I hope to get a good trade in amount, but my expectations are not very high.

I'm seriously not looking forward to working this weekend :( I'm so tired most of the time that I'm not up to much. What I am looking forward to is Sarah's party next week Friday. I'm sure it's going to be fun, even though I won't be able to dance much or drink.

No comments: