pregnancy week by week

Monday, 08 September 2008

Pregnancy

Pregnancy has to be the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. Feeling constantly sick, not enjoying food, not enjoying the company of people, not wanting to have sex, not being able to have a glass of wine, lower back ache...these things are making my life hell at the moment

They say with great sacrifice comes great reward, but it is really hard for me to think of or imagine the reward if I'm in the thick of the sacrifice. Also, because I haven't had a child before I don't know of 'the joy it brings' or how wonderful it is going to be once this part is over.

I've tried all the remedies that people have suggested. I've tried medication. Nothing seems to make me feel any better. I think that my morning sickness getting worse is linked to the vitamins I'm taking. I started taking them again a few days ago and I have been feeling like utter crap since yesterday.

I've already cried this morning. Yes I feel sorry for myself, very sorry. I know that millions of women are going through this and that eventually it will be over, but right now while I'm contemplating sticking my finger down my throat for some relief I see no end in sight.

I just want to crawl under a duvet until all this is over. I couldn't even take off work for fear of them thinking I'm trying to take a 'long weekend'.

Please God let this be over soon.

No comments: