pregnancy week by week

Monday, 03 March 2008

Spier

We went to Spier wine farm near Stellenbosch last night. We went to the restaurant there called 'Moyo'. It's really awesome there. The setting and atmosphere were incredible. We had some cocktails and sat in the lounge area chilling. When it got too chilly we were brought blankets to keep us warm. We also had our faces painted. We got in really late though and my alarm didn't go off this morning, so I'm a little wasted. Check it out:



Some of the lights there, they're star shaped in case you can't tell


Me with my face painted...all African like



Rudi wasn't too keen on the face painting, but he had a good time too.


Sarah and Cindy were up for the face painting


Good times



Sarah and I

It was good fun. Rudi wants to go to there to eat, but it is R198.00 a plate (drinks excluded). We're considering going there on Friday night - we have a dinner date with Leeza. We were initially going to go to the restaurant where our wedding reception was, but we'd love to try the food at Spier. So it will be R400.00 just for the food for Rudi and I. OUCH!

My Evil Mother is up to her old tricks again. Her and Coke Head have moved into my aunt's house. My aunt is an utter wreck. I saw her at church yesterday and I could see she wasn't well. I walked up to her and gave her a hug and she burst into tears. I've never seen her like that.

My Evil Mother phoned me this morning...to ask me what my problem is I guess. She was saying things like 'You go to church but you don't practice what you hear', 'Did you get permission from God to turn your back on your mother?', 'So people can't change?'; it's funny how she NEVER goes to church, but sees fit to preach to everyone around her about being compassionate - towards her of course. When I asked her about Coke Head making trouble by getting drunk and making a scene at my aunt's house she said 'So everyone is allowed to drink on a Friday night except him?'. Is she smoking crack? He is SUCH a loser. Who am I to judge though? She says she's changed, but I honestly haven't seen anything to substantiate her lies. Maybe if I do I'll consider speaking to her again. Gone and ruined my Monday morning she has. Balls.

If you're new to reading my blog and you're wondering about my history with My Evil Mother - there's a special category there for her. Check it out.

No comments: