pregnancy week by week

Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Welcome Back, Old Friend

We went to The Mount (the restaurant where our wedding reception was held) on Friday evening with Leeza. We had delicious food. Rudi and I ate steak while Leeza had the pork neck. The best was the dessert though. Leeza and I shared a Toblerone fruit fondue. YUM! The photos are really dark...sorry about that. I really have to get myself a decent camera and not take pictures with my phone so much!




On Saturday I went to Nadia's kitchen tea. Being a kitchen tea (Bridal Shower) I assumed it would be...tame and we would be outta there in no time, we also already had a braai planned for the evening so I didn't plan on staying too long.

Boy was I wrong! It turned into quite a party! For entertainment a company called 'A pole lot of fun' was brought in. They set up a pole in the bride-to-be's living room and a lady from the company instructed a few of the girls on how to pole dance. It was good clean fun.
I lost count of the number of drinks I had. All I remember is that there was wine (big mistake), sambuca (BIG mistake) and apple sours (not SUCH a big mistake) and that I had all of the above...more than once.

Rudi couldn't believe how snotters I was when he came to fetch me...but decided that he should have a couple of shots to catch up.

By the time we got to the neighbourhood braai I'd already 'thrown my name away' and continued to do so amongst our friends.

Luckily our friends were just as drunk (see picture above, this is how I found my neighbour's car parked the next morning) and they're generally not judgemental.

Now, to come back to the heading of today's post.

Last month I stopped taking my birth control and I have noted changes in myself over the last couple of days. My appetite for food has decreased, which can never be a bad thing. I would, however, like to welcome back my old friend, Libido.

I have at times missed Libido, but never attributed the absence of this old friend to the presence of The Pill. Rudi thinks it's Christmas...he can't believe his luck. I have no problem showering him with 'gifts' right now.

Since yesterday evening I have been really sore though. Let's just say that everything that makes me a woman hurts today. I feel horrible, but I'm sure it will pass.

I think I've finally recovered from Saturday night's hangover. I was still feeling it yesterday, but I can't wait to go home and crawl into bed.

I guess I have to go and earn my keep now. I would wish this week away, but I'm working this weekend anyway - so that wouldn't even help.

*YAWN*

No comments: