pregnancy week by week

Wednesday, 04 June 2008

Amber's Mouse

Last night/this morning I was minding my own business, having a good sleep when Rudi became restless and started scolding Amber.

I thought a swift kick or two would keep him quiet, but he persisted in wriggling around and swearing at the cat. Eventually he grew tired of this and got up, shoo-ed the cat, opened the balcony door...it was at this juncture that I opened my eyes and saw the silouhette of a mouse dangling by it's tail from Rudi's fingers. He unceremoniously tossed the poor thing off the balcony. Cruel as it may seem, this may have been safer for the little thing as there is poisonous powder on the balcony which may have killed it, if Amber hadn't done so already.

In my sleepy state I turned around, grateful to have his warm body back in the bed and went back to sleep. At some point this morning I started thinking about what had happened and asked Rudi whether the mouse was actually in the bed with us...apparently it was.

*shudder*

Some days I don't know whether to pet her or to throttle her...

P.S. Blogger is working on my (.)(.) - It won't upload images. Balls.

No comments: