pregnancy week by week

Thursday, 24 July 2008

Getting worse

Ugh. The morning sickness seems to be getting worse. I've gotten some medication for it, but the relief is minimal. I'm struggling to eat and have no appetite. I'm probably eating about 1/4 of what I was eating before I was pregnant. That said, I was probably eating too much to begin with.

Sarah sent me this today:

Duration of condition
Morning sickness can occur at any time of the day, though it occurs most often upon waking, because blood sugar levels are typically the lowest after a night without food.

Morning sickness usually starts in the first month of the pregnancy, peaking in the fifth to seventh weeks, and continuing until the 14th to 16th week. For half of the sufferers, it ends by the 16th week of pregnancy. It may take the others up to another month to get relief, and some women suffer intermittent episodes throughout their pregnancy

I'm between 7 and 9 weeks now so it could be that it's 'peaking in the fifth to seventh weeks'. I just hope to God that it goes away soon and that I don't have it throughout.

My Evil Mother was crying on the phone yesterday. I told her that I don't want any gifts from her while she's still leeching staying with my aunt and uncle. I told her that I wanted her to stand on her own two feet and I didn't want to contribute towards her spending money irresponsibly. She then started crying and saying in disbelief 'Buying things for my grandchild, irresponsible?'. Why, if you can't afford it, YES!

It's a concept she doesn't seem to understand. She'll need to pull up her socks big time if she wants to be a part of the baby's life. She has told me for years that I was the cause of her starting her bad spending habits. She said she made debt to make sure I was always outfitted in the best clothes and shoes when I was a baby/little girl. I don't see how she can necessarily blame me. Since she had me about a month after she turned 18 - she had access to credit for the very first time and then went completely ballistic. I was just a convenient excuse. I'm not saying that I didn't have nice things when I was a child, but I definitely didn't expect them and started working and earning my keep when I turned 16.

I really hope that I will be able to instill good moral values and ethics in my child. I'm confused about the whole nature vs. nurture thing. I know my grandparents didn't raise My Evil Mother the way she turned out. It's like she was just rotten from the beginning. My aunt turned out the exact opposite. My Evil Mother raised me and I'm the opposite of her. So how do you control how your children turn out? I suppose you can only do the best you can.

No comments: