pregnancy week by week

Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Gynaecologist

I managed to make an appointment with a gynaecologist. I initially secured an appointment for 15 August, but I'm writing exams that day so I'll have to wait till 26 August. That means I'll be 3 months pregnant by the time I get to see him.

It's really tough trying to get an appointment. The one doctor I phoned said they are fully booked for new patients until the end of the year. Seriously?

Is there some shortage of gynaecologists? Surely that wouldn't be the case? (this considering the amount of men who express the desire to be one). The first gynaecologist was a women and apparently women are booked far in advance because they are compassionate and warm. I have absolutely no experience with gynaecologists of either sex so I cannot judge.

A rather reliable source just told me the doctor I have an appointment with is a bit dodgy. Hmph. She did recommend someone else though. I'll check to see who has the earliest appointment available.

I recommend finding one before you get pregnant. This unnecessary stress can't be good.

I'm so tired I could fall asleep at my desk. I'm not going to bed late. I've been warned that I might get tired, but this is ridiculous!

No comments: