pregnancy week by week

Friday, 25 April 2008

Seriously?!

It is common knowledge in our office that Friday is crunch time. On a Friday all the portfolios try their utmost to complete the work till the latest hour possible to alleviate the work for the limited staff that work on weekends.

Every Friday for the last couple of weeks 'something' has come up and our supervisor has tasked us with extra work to do on a Friday. Granted, this probably comes from somewhere over his head, but we are simply not considered.

I was already feeling stressed out with all the responsibilities and work I had to finish by today. I worked really hard yesterday to finish as much as possible and felt that I could relax a little today as the majority of these tasks had been finished. That's not quite what they had in mind it would seem...

Again we have been given a massive task to finish by the close of business today. This was dropped in every one's lap this morning.

I am so grateful that it's long weekend and that I'm going to be able to relax and hopefully be spoilt by my husband (officially my husband for 1 year tomorrow, officially my partner for 7) on our anniversary.

I'm really looking forward to our anniversary (and some of our wedding cake, it was delicious a year ago - not 100% sure what defrosted wedding cake tastes like). I know that Rudi has something planned and I know that Boogaloo 'assisted' him with the plan, but I'm not at all sure what it is.

I don't want to get TOO excited about it, just to avoid disappointment. Rudi can be really romantic at times, but he rarely knows when he is doing something that I think is romantic....the result is that he has great difficulty planning romance.

Look at that...I'm in a better mood already.

No comments: