pregnancy week by week

Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Randoms

Today I am wearing jeans that did not properly fit me before. They were too tight to sit down in, but today they are fairly comfortable. I would still like them to be a little less snug though. It's such a nice feeling being able to wear them again without worrying about being uncomfortable all day!

People have started noticing that I'm losing weight and it's great! I think I will be able to keep this up. I've been trying to approach it differently than I normally would. I'm trying not even to think about it as 'dieting' for 'weight loss'. I'm trying to think of it as a lifestyle change of which weight loss is a side effect (quite a pleasant one I might add).

I went for TWO walks last night. OK...so the second one was more like a leisurely stroll around our complex with Sarah, but it was better than sitting on the couch!

We had a really cool braai (BBQ) with all the old friends there last night. Last year this time we were all practically living on each other's doorsteps and seeing each other every single day and pretty much spending a lot of time together. The entire group has scattered though as Riaan moved to Pretoria and we moved out of the complex. Riaan was in Cape Town yesterday for one day only, so we decided to get everyone together for old time's sake. It was a lot of fun - just like we remembered it.

Speaking of which, Sarah and Brad are moving out on their own this weekend. I'm really happy for them. I know Sarah in particular has wanted this for a long time and she's very happy with the place they have found. Who knows...maybe this will lead to wedding bells for them? They protest when there is mention of this...but you never know!

I've managed to pay down a large amount on one of my credit cards (I only have two) this month and I'm feeling really good about that too. I'm going to try and purchase an ovulation microscope after work today. I really hope they have stock of the one I want.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The awesome thing is when you fit into your old clothes and you can feel so glad you kept them :) so its like new clothes for free.

what's an ovulation microscope?!!?!?

-Anon

acidicice said...

-Anon

It's a test that you do with your saliva in the mornings which detects the level of estrogen in your mouth. When you ovulate a large amount is secreted and will show up on the test - then you know you're all ready to go!

Anonymous said...

well done on the jeans and paying off the debt.

acidicice said...

Ta Jax :)

Anonymous said...

Well done on the weight loss and fitting into your jeans AND having people notice a change. That's a big achievement!

You are sounding very positive and happy too, that's great. I know this is a tough week for you though. *hugs*

Wenchy said...

Very few ppl around me has noticed my weight loss. Well done to you!

Anonymous said...

Well done on the weight loss - it feels fantastic when you can feel it in your clothes. You're doing very well - I am very proud of your exercise routine - you go girl :)

Anonymous said...

oestrogen in the mouth? Whatever next? ;)