pregnancy week by week

Sunday, 22 February 2009

Angel Fluff and heavy stuff

angel tagged her readers to post a picture of their bedside tables. Here's mine:



I'm currently reading Eldest from the Eragon series. For those that don't know, it's the second book of three.

I was upset this morning after church. After service My Evil Mother called me aside and asked me to please pray for her this week as Service for the Departed is going to be especially difficult for her. I was a tad confused by this statement and asked her to clarify, thinking perhaps someone she knew had passed on, but then she said she didn't want to talk about it because it would upset me. She was talking about James! Having registered this I asked her if she didn't think it would be hard for me...'Of course! But I held him...' FFS. I carried him inside me you stupid wench! I don't know why I'm surprised. She's always been an attention whore and pity is her favourite kind of attention. I understand that James was her first and only grandchild thus far, but he was my son and I think it was insensitive of her to ask me to remember HER. Pffft.

In case anyone was wondering. I'm not pregnant this month either.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really wonder why you have anything to do with your mother. I guess it says something about you and what a good person you are. At least you're also able to see her for who she is rather than being taken in by it.

Anonymous said...

Awwww Big Big Hugs to you! Your mother sounds like a real "piece of work" - sorry that you have to deal with that to ontop of everything else :-(

Gen

Wenchy said...

Firstly, let's not use the word WENCH in such a horrid contect dammit! :)

Secondly, your mother is NOT well.

Anonymous said...

What a bloody cow... my MIL also tried to make my loss all about her... *rolls eyes* Some people have no clue.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

what a cow!!! How could she be so idiotic!

acidicice said...

Thanks guys. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not being oversensitive, but when it comes to her...there is no skin thick enough!

Anonymous said...

Love your bed side lamp. I love butterflies.

acidicice said...

Thanks, Panni :) I also love butterflies :)

AngelConradie said...

love the bedside table pic!
strongs for the service and for dealing with your mother. seriously.

acidicice said...

Thanks angel. She's a very special kind of messed up. I'm still flabbergasted by her everytime she speaks to me. They need to come up with a better word than 'audacity'.