pregnancy week by week

Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Is there hope?

I’m hiding out in word again today. Nobody said anything or took a second glance yesterday, so I guess it works.

Firstly I’d like to say thank you for Glugster for fixing my banner. It fits perfectly now and is finally not working on my nerves! Thank you!

The more I think about this healthy eating plan, the more I want to do it. I’m trying not to get myself overly excited about it. I’m cautious about it because I’ve disappointed myself so many times before. I don’t want to fail again, but every time I set out to succeed with a positive attitude and full of hope I have failed. I’ve set my first goal at 5kg. I figure that is easily achievable, although I need to lose much, much more. It’s a starting point. It’s better than going on and disregarding my body and what it is telling me. The fact that I’m a bit overwhelmed by emotional issues right now doesn’t help, but I think my mind is finally in the right place again. Last year I would not even consider changing my eating plan. It was completely out of the question for me. I had given up on myself. This year I guess I realize I’m stuck with me forever, so I better start liking who I am.

I really need to call my insurance. I’ve got a couple of dings on my car that I’d really like to have fixed, but I’ve been putting off calling them forever. I hope they deliver good service or my next blog post might just be a rant about First for Women.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a pleasure!

They key to changing your eating habits is to start it slowly. Make small changes at first. Substitute certain foods for more healthy alternatives. Eat more often.

I have already lost weight just applying some of these tips. And I haven't even started exercising yet!

Wenchy said...

Yip.... have you looked at some of my 'before' pics ? I'm 16kg down...

acidicice said...

WOW! Well done, Wenchy. Kudos to you!

Tamara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment ;-)

Remember that healthy eating doesn't have to be a nightmare either. My dietician used to remind me that there's no such thing as a "bad" food. It's all about how often and how much of the "treats" you eat.

And I think it's awesome that you're going to focus on learning to love yourself this year. Way to go!

acidicice said...

It was my pleasure, Tamara! I really, really need to learn to love me...it's going to be quite a change because right now I would rather not be me!

Feel free to kick me in the face and remind me about the healthy eating not being punishment!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the eating plan, it'll help with your TTC too!

AngelConradie said...

i'm with you on the eating plan doll- i've already cut out most of my sugar and i've started forcing myself to have breakfast!

acidicice said...

Well done, Angel! 2009 is going to be a lean year for all of us!