pregnancy week by week

Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Lent For Liam - Paypal

The Paypal account for Lent for Liam has been set up. I've never used Paypal so I'm not sure how it works, but the e-mail address supplied was ljcadger@gmail.com and the site is of course https://www.paypal.com/za.

I've been a bad blogger. I know. I've just been SO busy working. They're now measuring our efficiency (read: productivity) per hour so trying to blog takes a chunk out of your hour and you're called in and questioned as to why you attended to less queries in that particular hour. I know. Ridiculous. It was so bad on Friday we had to tell Jubba when we were going to pee. It's worse than being in school!

Needless to say it has been frustrating! Yesterday I was supposed to be at work at 7AM. I only opened my eyes at 7AM. Working the entire weekend and again today (which is a public holiday in South Africa) has left me tired and grumpy! Also, every day I go in there is a chance I'll be sent over to that portfolio I hate as they constantly need bailing out and our team seems to be the ones constantly doing it. Every day they calculate how many people we need (based on how many queries we can handle per hour and how many queries there are ready to be dealt with) and then take the rest of the staff and move them over to that portfolio.

Perhaps I should explain why I don't like working in this portfolio. Basically the customers are different to the ones we deal with in our portfolio, often they spend large amounts of money with the company and thus have a sense of entitlement. More often than not the feedback we have to give these customers is not favourable and they end up crapping all over you. They also start asking really technical questions and since my colleagues and I don't work with these queries every day, sometimes we have to make things up, or ask the customer to hold while we ask someone else. Sounding incompetent much? I can't really explain the full extent of it without perhaps revealing more than I should about The Company, so I'll leave it at that.

I was dreading have to work alone in my portfolio today. I thought I would be stuck there all bloody day. Surprisingly it didn't take all day. I left just before 1PM. Awesome!

Right now I feel like I could really do with a nap, but I'll probably just lie under the covers and watch NCIS. The sun is out, but it's still chilly. I'm not fooled by the winter sun...Rudi has gone off to visit Lindor...so I think some NCIS will be a good way to pass the time.

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

I'm glad you didn't have to work the whole day.