pregnancy week by week

Monday, 22 June 2009

Exhausted

I am exhausted, tired beyond belief. My last 12 consecutive days of work has completely messed me up. I could hardly lift myself out of bed this morning. I rested all weekend. We only went out on Friday night and we were in bed by 11. I feel like a zombie. I need some leave, but don’t want to waste leave.

Isn’t leave intended for those who need a break though? I’ve put in leave for next Monday. I’m working next weekend so with leave on Monday I’ll be working 11 consecutive days instead of 12. Not sure if that will help much.

I’ve pleaded with my team that we change our weekend roster so that we don’t work so many consecutive days, but changing this will mean working weekends more often so they kick against it. Also there are rumours of shifts coming back into our environment, so their latest argument was that we should continue to work this way to get as many weekends off as possible.

I see their point. I really do…but I don’t know if I can keep it up. Management has nothing to do with the way our weekends are scheduled and I suppose they shouldn’t turn a blind eye…but this is what my team has decided and I used to be able to do it. I must be getting OLD.

I’m going to bed at 7 tonight. Crap. I can’t. Survivor is on. Sherbet.

4 comments:

Wenchy said...

I hope you get some rest.

AngelConradie said...

Can't you and your team share it more? Sheesh!

TexasBobbi said...

Why can't they be a bit more cooperative. So what you have to work more weekends, but you wouldn't be killing your self as often by working so many days straight.

acidicice said...

Angel, Bobbi Janay - It's ridiculous! I know! No other team works like this, but we need to be superhuman. Dammit.