pregnancy week by week

Thursday, 11 December 2008

2008 in a nutshell

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Fell pregnant, bought my own Christmas tree and decorations and celebrated a wedding anniversary

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't believe in New Year's resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I did.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My son died 2008-11-05.

5. What countries did you visit?
None! Who has money for travel?

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A baby and more time with family and friends

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
2008-06-11 - The date it was confirmed I am pregnant
2008-10-20 - The date we heard that all was not well with our baby
2008-11-05 - The date we lost our baby

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not losing my mind completely.

9. What was your biggest failure in 2008?
Not managing to pay off ALL my debt.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had morning sickness for more than three months, not technically an illness, but I felt ill every day. Spent some time in hospital.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Christmas tree!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Rudi. He has been my rock. He put up with me when I was unbelievably difficult and still loves me.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My Evil Mother, as usual. Jubba too.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Debt and doctor's appointments.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having a baby

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
It's difficult to say, but I'm loving Rihanna's Disturbia right now. It stands out.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Sadder.
b) Thinner or fatter? Thinner, strangely enough. Not much, just a few kilos.
c) Richer or poorer? Poorer! I have doctor's bills to pay :(

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend time with family, laughing, exercise.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Crying and swearing.

20. How do you plan on spending Christmas?
Christmas Eve with my family, eating and opening gifts. Christmas Day with the in laws...Don't know what we're doing?

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No. I stayed in love.

22. How many one-night stands?
None :)

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Survivor!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes. Jubba.

25. What was the best book you read?
The Dark Tower by Stephen King. Ok, so it's 7 books, but it was AWESOME!

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The new Alanis Morissette.

27. What did you want and get?
My favourite perfume.

28. What did you want and not get?
A healthy baby.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Wanted

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I did nothing on my birthday. I was too sick. I was/am 27.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Still being pregnant, earning more money and having my own house!

33. What kept you sane?
My friends and family. Bless them!

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Angelina Jolie

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama's victory.

36. Who did you miss?
James.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Sarah and the ladies from the parenting community.

38. Tell us what valuable life lessons you learned in 2008.

I've learned to appreciate your friends and family and to take nothing for granted. I've learned that God has a plan and you have to stick to it, no matter what you want. I've learned that everything really does happen for a reason, even if you don't know what the reason is immediately. I've learned that the world moves on, even though your pain and sorrow lingers. I've learned that life is valuable and you need to enjoy it. I've learned that nobody is invincible. I've learned that more people care than you realize. I've learned that you cannot trust everyone not to talk about you behind your back. I've learned that my husband really loves me deeply and I doubt it too much. I've learned than I am stronger than I thought.

I stole this from Wenchy's blog. Please feel free to steal and link back in the comments!

2 comments:

Wenchy said...

I hope the next year brings you everything you deserve... especially a little one baby!

acidicice said...

Thank you, Wenchy! <3