pregnancy week by week

Tuesday, 19 August 2008

Wasted Vitamins

I was SO annoyed this morning! I was taking my vitamins, after successfully brushing my teeth without incident. These tablets are freaking huge and I kind of choked on the last one (a calcium supplement). All my vitamins came up. Where? On my front lawn! I didn't have enough warning to run to the loo as it is situated upstairs and there were dishes in the sink in the kitchen. Rudi was so embarrassed. He still doesn't seem to grasp that I don't have much control over the impulse to vomit.

What a lovely way to start my day. I'm more annoyed about the wasted vitamins than I am about the throwing up on the front lawn (there was nobody there to witness it anyway).

I treated myself to a cappuccino when I came in to work and managed to get them all down. At least throwing them up isn't a daily occurrence.

Rudi tried to get me to take them again immediately. His efforts were met with a glare. Seriously? You want me to put something in my mouth while my stomach is still threatening to hurl out what I just put in there? Tsk. Men.

1 comment:

Miss T said...

Guess it used to be "if it tastes bad it must be good for you" but now it is " If you throw it up it's healthy" :)