pregnancy week by week

Friday, 27 March 2009

Weekend Plans

So I figured out yesterday that two Grandpa powders will sort your cramps right out! I will now buy some when we go shopping. They work better than even my beloved Adcodols do.

I'm really proud of myself for my exercise efforts this week. In the last 6 days Rudi and I have gone for a walk 4 times. A proper walk mind you, not a stroll. I'm sure this will pay off. I've even ended my walks the last two times with a jog to the front door (a *very* small jog), just to step up the work out for those last few steps. I'm still struggling to eat 100% correctly, but I'm making a concerted effort to not pig out on junk food. I have also been doing well with drinking water. I only skipped one day as the water was off in our area and the toilets were not flushing at work. Ewww.

Tonight we are going to braai (BBQ) with the lady I mentioned that I met at the hospital when we went for James' last scan. She said "We should get together for a braai sometime" and I agreed. The next day I had an invitation for a braai tonight. Most people just say "We should get together sometime" and it never happens. We've also been instructed not to bring anything. Lovely.

Tomorrow night, unfortunately, we've been invited to a 'massive party' at Fence's house (technically it's Caregiver's parents house). Rudi wants to go. I told him we can go on condition we leave when I want to as I'm working this weekend (both Saturday and Sunday).

So I have quite a full weekend ahead and I'm not looking forward to most of it. I'm not too fussed though, because attending Fence's party on this working weekend will mean that I hopefully won't have to see him on my off weekends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the negativity over going to a party? Surely you'll have fun. I'd find it such a pain if my partner complained about going to parties with my friends.

AngelConradie said...

Ag no man... strongs for a working weekend- and yay for all the exercise!

Jeanette said...

Seriously, don't get the grandpas!! They're so very bad for you, and they're addictive.