pregnancy week by week

Monday, 14 July 2008

Baby!

I see the announcement has at least generated one comment. Sheesh. Who does a girl have to sleep with around here to get someone to comment?

I honestly did not think that I would fall pregnant so quickly after going off my birth control. I'd been on the pill for over 10 years, so I assumed that it would take a year or so to work out of my system. Apparently I was wrong!

I took another urine test this morning...out of curiosity (since the six prior were negative). This time it was clear as day. Pregnant.

I still have to find a gynaecologist. I'm not particularly looking forward to that. Who would look forward to a stranger scratching around in the place you're supposed to keep secret?

Needless to say the family is ecstatic. My Evil Mother has said that her and Coke Head will furnish the baby's room. On the one hand I don't want to take anything from her. Especially since she's still leeching off my aunt and uncle. I told her to sort her life out as there are plenty of people that will buy things for the baby. On the other hand I think I should take what I can get since I don't think that I will recoup the money she owes me.

I've kept the news between close friends and family. My colleagues couldn't help but notice. I won't put it on facebook until I'm 3 months though. Announcing is on my blog doesn't seem to have such a big impact since I have...oh...6 readers.

This is going to be one hell of a ride!

P.S. I received two communion wafers in church yesterday. This is almost always considered as special, because the priests attempt to dislodge wafers that are stuck together before serving communion. God is saying "Congratulations!"

No comments: